On the 12th Day of Christmas: Faith
Faith. I have some trouble with the concept of fate, choosing instead, to believe nothing is truly ‘fated’ or meant to be. But I do believe in having faith as a virtue which, hand in hand with our personal values and innate talents, empowers us to create our own destiny. I have that faith in the divine and the spiritual, a faith in others and in self, faith that good will always defeat evil — I choose to believe in every variety and aspect of it.
Faith is like family: Always there. A constancy you can always fall back on and become more resilient with. Our faith is something we honor. Thus faith is a good virtue to end our 12 Days of Christmas celebration of the 12 Aloha Virtues, don’t you think?
I loved the shades of grey in this Wordle too: Grey has always appealed to me as a color in its own right, and with faith unwilling to impose too much upon the other eleven virtues, it is our invitation to add more color to life throughout the year to come. Have faith!
The series starts here: In Keeping with our December Tradition: Twelve Aloha Virtues
- On the 1st Day of Christmas: Prayer
- On the 2nd Day of Christmas: Vitality
- On the 3rd Day of Christmas: Grace
- On the 4th Day of Christmas: Peace
- On the 5th Day of Christmas: Wonder
- On the 6th Day of Christmas: Gratitude
- On the 7th Day of Christmas: Humor
- On the 8th Day of Christmas: Joy
- On the 9th Day of Christmas: Hope
- On the 10th Day of Christmas: Freedom
- On the 11th Day of Christmas: Trust